Cumann Beachairí Chonamara
Connemara Beekeeepers’ Association
Was founded in January 2010, by a fervent nucleus of beekeepers led by Gerard Coyne and Seán Finnerty.
The association was constituted on the 14th of March 2010.
This year's (2018) officers and committee details are as follows:-
| || |
| || |
| || |
Céad Míle Fáilte!
Our mission is to promote and further the craft of beekeeping across the Connemara region through the conservation of the native Irish dark bee: Apis Millifera Mellifera. We endeavour to achieve this through the following main objectives:
- To promote the interests of the beekeeping fraternity for the mutual benefit of all
- To promote the conservation of the native dark bee, Apis Mellifera Mellifera via the Native Irish Honey Bee Society
- To promote and advance the science of Apiculture;
- Stimulating and assisting in the establishment and maintenance of education and training in all aspects of apiculture;
- To promote the preservation of bees in the environment and to educate and encourage members of the Public to be consciously aware of the benefits of having a sound and healthy bee population in both urban and rural areas;
- To hold regular meetings, Field Days and Field Trips for its members to educate, inform and stimulate discussions on issues of interest and importance to the practice and science of Apiculture;
- To promote intellectual and informative debate within the apicultural sector of Ireland by the organisation of Conferences, Seminars and Workshops for the wider beekeeping fraternity and general public.
Download our latest Newsletter 2018
The association is affiliated to the Federation of Irish Beekeepers' Associations (FIBKA).
If you are interested in joining our association, or seeking further information please contact the Secretary or PRO, through the following link.