- To promote the interests of the beekeeping fraternity for the mutual benefit of all
- To promote the conservation of the native dark bee, Apis Mellifera Mellifera via the Native Irish Honey Bee Society
- To promote and advance the science of Apiculture;
- Stimulating and assisting in the establishment and maintenance of education and training in all aspects of apiculture.
- To promote the preservation of bees in the environment and to educate and encourage members of the Public to be consciously aware of the benefits of having a sound and healthy bee population in both urban and rural areas;
- To hold regular meetings, Field Days and Field Trips for its members to educate, inform and stimulate discussions on issues of interest and importance to the practice and science of Apiculture;
- To promote intellectual and informative debate within the apicultural sector of Ireland by the organisation of Conferences, Seminars and Workshops for the wider beekeeping fraternity and general public
Officers & Committee Members
Chairman: Gerard Coyne
Secretary: Steve Watson
Treasurer: Rod Teck
PRO: Seán Mellett
Education Officer: Mary Keenan
Apiary Managers: David Canavan (Letterfrack), Cóilín Faherty (Maam), Paddy Finnerty & Jill Uí Dhuinn Bhig (Baile na hAbhainn).
Other Committee Members: David Geoghegan, David Canavan, Mairtín Breathnach, Ronan Nee and Mícheál Ó Gríofa
Ag fás ar feadh deich mbliana! Since 2010!
Our group was founded in January 2010, by a fervent nucleus of beekeepers led by Gerard Coyne and Seán Finnerty.
The association was constituted on the 14th of March 2010.
Click Here to view our Constitution/Bunreacht
The Association consists of: A Chairman, an Honorary Secretary, an Honorary Treasurer and a Committee. The Committee is responsible for the ongoing operation of the Association during the year, and Reports back to the full Membership at an Annual Meeting.
If you have any queries please reach out to use and a memeber of Connemara Beekeepers will be in touch shortly